The Asian School of the Environment (ASE) at NTU Singapore seeks to hire faculty as part of a terrestrial and marine initiative in Southeast Asia. ASE, a new interdisciplinary School, focuses on Asian environmental challenges integrating Earth systems, environmental life sciences, ecology, and the social sciences to address key issues of the environment and sustainability. Strong interdisciplinary links between ASE and the Singapore Centre on Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE), the Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) and the Complexity Institute provide an excellent community for tackling large, cutting-edge research questions. Successful candidates will also contribute to development and execution of new undergraduate programmes.
We seek a creative and cutting edge aquatic chemist who focuses on environmental sustainability of natural systems and who has an interest in addressing research questions in Southeast Asia. Research interests may include but are not limited to, natural and anthropogenic contaminants of fresh water systems, nutrient cycling and the carbon cycle, redox chemistry using tools such as stable isotopes and water sediment interactions amongst other areas.
The candidates are expected to:
• Establish a world-class research programme
• Play a leading role in the formation of the new Asian School of the Environment
• Enhance the new School’s visibility as an international leader in education and research in Environmental Earth System Science
• Teach undergraduate and graduate classes in Environmental Earth System Sciences
• Actively collaborate with NTU faculty and researchers with existing strengths in Earth Systems Science and Environmental Life Sciences
Applications, including the applicant’s experience/ philosophy of research, teaching, a CV, and contact information for two professional references should be sent to Chairman of Search Committee, NTU, at ASE-EnvSc@ntu.edu.sg.
Review of applications will begin in August 2015 and will continue until the positions are filled. NTU offers highly competitive salaries and oncampus housing. A start-up package will be available. NTU is an equal opportunity employer.