The Asian School of the Environment (ASE) at NTU Singapore seeks to hire faculty as part of a terrestrial and marine initiative in Southeast Asia. ASE, a new interdisciplinary School, focuses on Asian environmental challenges integrating Earth systems, environmental life sciences, ecology, and the social sciences to address key issues of the environment and sustainability. Strong interdisciplinary links between ASE and the Singapore Centre on Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE), the Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) and the Complexity Institute provide an excellent community for tackling large, cutting-edge research questions. Successful candidates will also contribute to development and execution of new undergraduate programmes.
We seek a creative and cutting-edge marine chemist focusing on environmental sustainability of natural systems and who has an interest in addressing research questions in Southeast Asia. Research interests may include but are not limited to, organic contaminant fate and transport, synthesis and processing of organic molecules in the environment, stable isotope techniques to evaluate the sources, sinks and cycling of organic matter in aquatic or marine environments.
The candidates are expected to:
• Establish a world-class research programme
• Play a leading role in the formation of the new Asian School of the Environment
• Enhance the new School’s visibility as an international leader in education and research in Environmental Earth System Science
• Teach undergraduate and graduate classes in Environmental Earth System Sciences
• Actively collaborate with NTU faculty and researchers with existing strengths in Earth Systems Science and Environmental Life Sciences
Applications, including the applicant’s experience/ philosophy of research, teaching, a CV, and contact information for two professional references should be sent to Chairman of Search Committee, NTU, at ASE-EnvSc@ntu.edu.sg.
Review of applications will begin in August 2015 and will continue until the positions are filled. NTU offers highly competitive salaries and oncampus housing. A start-up package will be available. NTU is an equal opportunity employer.