Asian School of the Environment
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 13th globally. It is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities.
We are seeking an Earth scientist for a lecturer position in the Asian School of the Environment at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. The lecturer will develop and teach introductory and advanced courses including laboratory and/or discussion sessions for the undergraduate major and minor. They also may participate in undergraduate advising, mentoring undergraduate research projects, promoting the undergraduate programme at the pre-University level, and developing and teaching undergraduate field courses. This is an undergraduate teaching position that may include up to 20% research, with most or all of that research involving undergraduate students.
The position will be appointed for a 3 year term, with the possibility to renew based on performance. The lecturer is a member of the Asian School of the Environment reporting to the Chair of the School. He/she will work closely with the Chair, the Undergraduate Programme Director, the Field and Laboratory Coordinator, members of the Office of Education and Outreach, and other members of the faculty.
- Ph.D. with teaching experience in Earth Science, Earth Systems Science or a related field
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong interest in and aptitude for teaching and mentoring at the undergraduate level
- Ability to work well with a team in a dynamic working environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to teach field courses, and/or introductory or advanced courses in the field of their expertise
To apply, please submit the following materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Statement of university teaching experience
- Curriculum vitae
- The names of 3 references who are familiar with your work
Please logon to the following webpage for full details on faculty application guidelines. http://www.ntu.edu.sg/ohr/career/submit-an-application/Pages/Faculty-Positions.aspx
For more information about the Asian School of the Environment, please visit www.ase.ntu.edu.sg
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. We thank all applicants and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified