Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 12th globally. It is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities.
The Asian School of the Environment (ASE) seeks to hire a Plant Ecologist for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer position at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. The successful candidate will develop and teach introductory and advanced courses including laboratory and/or discussion sessions for the undergraduate major and minor. He/she may participate in undergraduate advising, mentoring undergraduate research projects, promoting the undergraduate program at the pre-University level, and developing and teaching undergraduate field courses.
The position will be appointed for a 3 year term with the possibility to renew based on performance. The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer will be a member of the ASE reporting to the Chair of the School and will work closely with faculties and staff members at the school and across the University.
- Ph.D. in Plant Ecology or a related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong interest in and aptitude for teaching and mentoring at the undergraduate level
- Ability to work well with a team in a dynamic and interdisciplinary working environment
- Significant experience on leading and organizing fieldwork studies
- Experience teaching Ecology of Tropical Systems
- Ability to collaborate with Singaporean Governmental organizations and NGOs
To apply, please submit the following materials to: email@example.com
- Statement of university teaching and/or laboratory experience
- Curriculum vitae
- The names of 3 references who are familiar with your work
Please logon to the following webpage for full details on faculty application guidelines. http://www.ntu.edu.sg/ohr/career/submit-an-application/Pages/Faculty-Pos...
For more information about the Asian School of the Environment, please visit www.ase.ntu.edu.sg
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.