Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 11th globally. It is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities.
The Asian School of the Environment (ASE) invites applications for a Research Assistant (RA) in Coastal Ecosystems. The Research Assistant will have knowledge of coastal ecosystem services, or similar coastal environmental issues at the policy-academic interface. S/he will work closely with a Research Fellow and PhD student for the coastal ecosystems Work Package, as well as the Principal Investigators (PIs) to ensure the requirements of the project work plan are met. The RA will assist in research relating to coastal ecosystem services quantification. The successful applicant will assist in all aspects of the coastal/marine work package. This will include conducting literature reviews of relevant articles and information, managing a database to include ecological and socioeconomic datasets related to marine and coastal natural capital in Singapore, and organizes and conducts field work to collect new data.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Literature review and data compilation of marine/coastal ecosystem services, and relevant policy and stakeholder information
- Coordinate and manage ecological and social datasets
- Organize and conduct ecological and socio-economic field research
- Manage all project-related procurement under guidance of the principal investigator
- Report to and work with the principal investigator
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the principal investigator
- Undergraduate degree (second upper) and/or Masters in Life Sciences, Environmental Science, Geography or related fields
- Prior work experience is not required
- Experience in environmental research
- Experience conducting comprehensive literature reviews
- Experience with qualitative methods (e.g., observations, interviews, etc.) and analysis (e.g., thematic coding, etc.)
- Excellent data management and analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and proactive
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Positive working attitude, both in a team and independently
- Familiar with geographic information systems and spatial analysis software (e.g., ArcGIS, QGIS, R)
Interested applicants are invited to submit a full CV, including academic qualifications, research records / work samples and names and contact details of two referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that only successful candidates will be informed.