The Asian School of the Environment (ASE) at NTU is a new interdisciplinary School that will be a world leader in environmental research focused on Asian environmental challenges. The ASE integrates earth and environmental life science, ecology, engineering and technology, human ecology, humanities, and the social sciences to address key issues of the environment and sustainability. We seek to appoint a Research Fellow (Postdoc) to work on coral reef sedimentology.
- Work effectively with local collaborators and assist with, selecting sampling sites, planning logistical support, and collecting sediment samples on coral reefs in Singapore.
- Conduct regular monitoring efforts of coral reef currents and sedimentation using appropriate methods.
Laboratory and office-based research:
- Log the collected sediment samples and model processes of the sediment transport on Singapore reefs.
- Conduct sedimentological (e.g. grain size, composition) and microfaunal (e.g. foraminiferal, diatom assemblages).
- Produce synthesis reports of field data and the results of the laboratory analyses.
- Assists in report/manuscript writing.
- PhD in Geoscience, geography or related field
- Experience in conducting fieldwork
- Experience in sedimentological (sediment traps/trays) analyses on coral reefs
- Publications relating to coral reef sedimentation
- Excellent computer skills using mapping, sedimentology, and illustration softwares (e.g. GIS, Sedlog, Adobe Illustrator)
- Able to communicate effectively in English (Proficiency in Filipino language is an advantage).
- Self-driven, highly motivated, with interest to work with other researchers and scientists (team player) to produce high-quality research.
Interested candidates please submit your CV to Ase_humanresources@ntu.edu.sg