Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 11th globally. NTU is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities. Embracing Singapore's unique multi-ethnicity, NTU offers a high-quality global education to undergraduate and postgraduate students. And a vibrant, supportive and stimulating environment to a diverse pool of faculty members hailing from many different parts of the world. You will enjoy a host of opportunities for research collaboration within NTU and with world-leading universities and renowned institutes.
Embracing administrative excellence, NTU also offers a unique professional career to its management and support members. Nestled amid lush greenery in the west of Singapore, it takes you away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Yet, it offers you all of the adrenaline-pumping challenges no different from the fast-paced corporate world. Opportunities are abound for your professional development and growth if you also embrace excellence and challenges.
The Asian School of the Environment (ASE) invites applications for a Research Assistant (RA) to help establish new research projects related to nutrient limitation in tropical forests in the Tropical Plant and Soil Ecology Lab of the Forest Ecology group at ASE.
- Develop and conduct plant, soil and microbial nutrient analyses, enzyme assays, and other analytical chemistry methods in the state-of-the-art Forest Ecology Labs
- Conduct fieldwork and greenhouse experiments related to nutrient limitation in tropical forests
- Establish standard operating procedures specifically for the Tropical Plant and Soil Ecology lab
- Order equipment and supplies
- Mentor and training students and group members in field and lab procedures
- Maintain and curate datasets, websites, and project information
- Help analyze data and write scientific papers
- Bachelor's degree in science from a recognised institution, preferably in chemistry or environmental science
- Prior experience in chemical and/or biological sample analysis, ideally of environmental samples (e.g. water, soil or plant)
- Experience of undertaking scientific field work, especially in the environmental area
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts in chemical and biological sample analysis, and to fully understand the underlying principles of all analytical techniques
- Capacity to work well both individually and with other people
- Strong skills in analyses associated with environmental (plant and soil) samples
- Ability to set-up / develop analytical methods for chemical and biological sample analyses
- Enthusiasm, good team work and collaboration, good English oral and written communication skills, and an ability to work independently
Interested applicants are invited to submit a full CV and names and contact details of two referees and a cover letter outlining your interest and fit for the position via this link: https://ntu.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/NTU-Main-Campus-Sing...
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.